Sunday, April 6, 2008

Believe it or not!


Here's one for the record books, I actually finished an entire glass of beer. Yes, folks, beer! I went with friends from work for dinner and drinks last night at The Yard House. It has many types of beer. Of course, I went for the fruity one. It was a mixture of Lindemans frambroise and Young's chocolate stout. What is that, you ask? Well, let me enlighten you.

Lindemans framboise is a lambic type of beer, that is produced by spontaneous fermentation, not with hops, using yeasts and bacteria from Belgium in Senne Valley. Young's chocolate stout is actually brewed with chocolate malt and baker's chocolate, giving the beer a rich and delicious character without the bitter finish. I'm all for it! I could actually taste the raspberry, chocolate and a little coffee flavors. Yuummmy!

I also suffered a war wound from my night out on Friday. Again, we went out for our first Friday for the art, which we somehow never got to. In my slightly inebriated state, I didn't get out of the way fast enough when a fight between two drunken guys happened and I got a fist on the side of the head. It doesn't hurt all the time, but leaning my hand against it when I try to hold my head up and sometimes when I chew is a little painful. Plus, the mini goose egg is a constant reminder that maybe I don't mind fighting as much as I thought, as I seemed to have been mesmerized by the situation rather than walk away. Hmm....naaahhh! Nope, still don't like boxing or ultimate fighting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hummm... sound so much like home. Too bad it didn't happen in a bathroom stall! Where's Lauren when you need her!

Wesley