Sunday, August 24, 2008

Independence

Well, folks, it's been awhile. Sorry about that but life has a way of taken over. I've been busy trying to experience the northwest as much as possible. After a couple of weeks of work where I've had the lulls of not having a full caseload, it has gotten better. The other therapist was away for about 2 weeks on vacation which made things busier for me. Then came the holiday weekend, Fourth of July. The people in the house had a terrific bbq and we could see the fireworks in the distance of the various towns north along the coast, all the way up towards Seattle. There was a tall ships festival here during the weekend and a fair as well. I was somewhat disappointed as the ships were not as tall as I expected. Also, it was overcast and a little rainy...shocker, I know! The good news was that I won a glass blown paper weight which is quite heavy and pretty.

The weekend before we went to this Geyser State Park. I guess I expected too much as far as the geyser goes. There were two but one looked like a perpetual small flame and the other only bubbled greyish silt. Nothing compared to Old Faithful geyser at Yellowstone Park, that's for sure!

No comments: