Sunday, April 26, 2009

Oh, what a day and night!

Well, I successfully got over my cold without too much fuss. A stuffy nose which made it a little hard to breathe, eat with an occasional running of the nose was the extent of it, fortunately. It did prevent me from working out for a whole week. However, it did not kill the appetite! I guess I won't be one of those people that waste away during an illness. When I finally did get to exercise again, I went all gung ho and overdid it on one day which made me really sore and tired. I started running a little bit in the morning, actually only 2x this past week, to get ready for a 5K that I ran yesterday. It was light enough but certainly not warm enough until I got going. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to run it with my friends because I didn't get to train for it much but I did ok. It must have been all the working out I had done prior to getting sick which was good for my endurance and strength. My girlfriends and I started the run with a couple of guys who left us in the dirt pretty quickly. For someone who trained less than I did, which was basically not at all, they were gone like their pants were on fire! However, I'm hearing that they're sore and fortunately, I'm not. So I guess I wasn't as bad as I thought. It did tire me out and so I had to take a short nap before going out.

Last night, my 3 girlfriends and one of the guys that ran the 5K met up for a night on the town. We started out at Crush, a wine bar, downtown. It was really cool and low key and fun. We got to taste different wines, hang out and got a wine buzz. In fact, my lips got numb! I guess that's what happens when I basically drank about 4 glasses of wine. I got the flight of white wine muscats which cost about the same as one glass of wine but gave me almost 3x as much. Then a bunch of us bought a bottle of our favorite muscat, Eberle. From there, we went to Humpy's so some of us could get some real food. There I had an apple cider and a few cheese fries...yummy! One of the gals had to go home because she had the unfortunate luck of having to work today. We tried to go to Subzero, a martini bar, but the mood was too mellow for us. So we returned to a previous haunt, the Avenue. There, the music was 80s, so it was good, and we played a game of pool, which I suck at. We ended our night by checking out the Anchor, which was more nightcluby than a bar. It was too much for us and so we were out in about 10-15 minutes, heading home. All in all a good day...probably the best so far. It gave me hope that I'd be leaving here with some good friends.

No comments: